Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Filters... and problems with them.
I'm fairly new to CreateMyBB, so I'm right now trying to set up my board exactly as I want it. Unfortunately, I've run into an odd problem.

Now, I know that the wiki says that the filter is only supposed to catch whole words, but whenever I add a new filter, something like the attachment happens, where any word containing the bad word ends up getting partially censored. This creates a problem in that I want filters, but I can't have them because I don't know how to prevent that from happening.

Is there a code I don't know that can fix that?

Attached Files
.bmp   wtffilter.bmp (Size: 287.3 KB / Downloads: 5)
Do you have installed any plugin which provide this facilities on which you are facing problem.

If yes than give the name of the plugin..!!
Regards,
♥Cuulvaibhav♥
[Image: cuulvaibhav.jpg]
There are no plugins installed on the forums that would relate to the filter (or, well, are activated). This is the bare minimum on a brand-new CreateMyBB board. =/
I can confirm this. A solution could be putting a space after the word in the ACP. Try it out and tell me if it works..
AKA Nickman on the MyBB forums
Hmm. I tried it, and while it works if the bad word has a space after it, it doesn't work if there's another character after it, such as a period or other mark of punctuation. I know it's being nitpicky, but I'd like to make a filter that could cover all situations of the word used by itself without accidentally partially censoring something else. (If I added the possibility that a period would come after the bad word, then that causes the problem shown in the attachment to occur again.)

Thanks for your help, though.