Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
basics of createmybb hosting?
Sorry for these questions, I am not technical. I chose CreateMyBB b/c it said it did the hosting and we could customize everything without installing software. I just started a forum for a community group and have been reading about how to insert our logo into the theme, but the instructions are for admins who've installed software onto their own servers and can ftp files to the ./images directory. Since I haven't installed MyBB software and this is all web-based, then can I upload images like a logo to my site? Also, all the info I can find on backups involves having a SQL server. How can the 'little guys' like me be sure our forums are backed up? Hoping this is the right place for our forum... Thanks.
ok so you are asking how to change logo...

1st of all "software" mybb on your site is installed lol its the "tiny" thing that power whole your forums..

2nd. if u have logo image go to free image hosting (createmybb has its own on their site) like imageshack.us and upload image.

copy the link where it says DIRECT LINK TO IMAGE

paste the link in your logo theme url
[Image: dmannw5.gif]
Thanks. I found the image hosting at CreateMyBBImages (the pop-up ads are unbelievable though) and was able to navigate my way through to get my logo posted on my forum, thank you.