Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Smile 
I have come up with a list of free domains for you guys. They are free of charge, but some require filling out surveys and posting in forums. Some you might find completely worth the catch.

D4free - D4free is my persional favorite. I got my domain from there, and it is not that hard to get. It requires forum posting. You can only register one domain, however, they are thinking of letting you have two. In order to get you domain from here, you must get 200 points to register a domain. Here is the statistics:

Posting a topic - 3 points
Posting a post - 2 points

You should also be warned that you will not get your domain immediately. It required patience. I had to wait a month to get my domain. Anyways, if you want a free domain, I recommend these guys.

UPDATE: Because of low funding, d4free now allows one point per post, 2 per topic. Also, newly requested domains only consist of 13 points, but the domains are now redirects and consists of a Google ad at the top of every page. You can also get as many domains as you would like.

Domain Discussion Board - These guys are great too. While they do require a lot more forum posting, there is also free domains that are usually not available for free. The .tv domains are worth a fortune. Most domains like .com, .net, .org usually cost $8 a year, and .info would be a little less, and .tv would be around $20 a year. It is one of the most expensive domains out there; now available here for 8,000 ddpoints! I must warn you, the point system is a lot different from D4free. You can get ddpoints for just about anything, like 200 ddpoints for establishing a high score in the arcade, 1 ddpoint for voting in a poll. I have the pointing system, in which I copied right from ddboard, considering I said that I got it from ddboard, it is not plagerising. Here is the pointing system:

Creating a new thread: 15 ddPoints
Creating a new post: 5 ddPoints
Own thread viewed by other members: 0.1 ddPoints
Establishing a new high score in the Arcade: 500 ddPoints
Referring a new user: 50 ddPoints (new user must enter referrer user name when registering)
Daily lottery: 250 ddPoints (must buy a lottery ticket)
Weekly lottery: 2,500 ddPoints (must buy a lottery ticket)
Creating a poll: 5 ddPoints
Voting on a poll: 1 ddPoint
Weekly Paycheck (must have been active during week): 50 ddPoints
Points earned on Birthday (must have entered birthday on profile): 100 ddPoints
Leaving a post reputation: 1 ddPoint
Rating a thread: 1 ddPoint
Bank interest: 1% per week
Stealing points: 40% success rate

To be honest, it is not as easy as it sounds, but it is still pretty cool. Also, you can get as many domains as you would like, as long as you got the ddpoints for each domain you register.

My Free Top level domain - This site is almost exactly like D4free, only they offer hosting for those who don't have it. Back in the day, they used to require 10 posts in the forum, but recently, they moved it up to 200. They do only allow one domain, but they are still good if you hate the D4free community, or if you have bad standings with D4free (many do, not including me).

Domain Lagoon - This site is a little different. This site requires to fill a ton of surveys to fill out on other sites, but the truth is, it only takes about twenty minutes if you follow the directions. They also only allow one domain, but they have a sister site that is the same exact thing, Anotherfree. No forum posting required.

Domain-4free - While the site is down, it may come back up. This site only requires you to have a VERY active community (I man VERY active). When you register, there MUST be visitors under "yoursite.page.tl" which you get when you register, which is hard to convince every member to use that URL, thus, you usually do not get the domain. I had over 100 people on a site I requested and still got rejected. Some say that you need over 1,000 people to visit. Even if you do get accepted, it is only a redirect, plus there is a Google ad that paralax scrolls with the whole browser. That is their only way of making money, but still an alright domain site. You can register as many domains as you would like. But if you want a domain, I really do not recommend these guys at all.

Web4Africa - These guys give away .ng domains for free. It is unknown whether or not you can get more the none domain. The only catch is, if you do not live in Nigeria, you can't get this domain (.ng extensions anyway). Another note is that they are NOT .ng, they are .com.ng, .org.ng and so on. If you don't live in Nigeria, or you don't know anyone that lives there, don't use these guys.

Register.net.id - This site supposedly give away free .web.id domains for they. No forum posting, or ad clicking, but you have to be indonesian to register. Plus, these domains are almost useless. If you have no idea what they are for, don't bother asking.

Others will be added when notice is taken on them.

-pojr
[Image: banner.pojr.PNG] [Image: dansigbythaplayfellowxk3.png]
Want a FREE domain for your CreateMyBB forum? Go to D4free!
Gee, these look very cool. Thanks for posting them.
[Image: avatar_98.png]

^ Awesome online community!

rogueBATTLE < Fun, Free online RPG!

http://linkland.createmybb2.com
There's also one by a fellow MyBB community member

www.geekdomain.net
[Image: sig.php?mybb]