Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
could avatars and signaturs be used from attachments on the forum or they have to be uploaded from some other webspace place?
also i want to have a big sign on the portal that says like happy anniversary but theres no way to edit or even write on the portal? how do i write on the portal cause right now its just blank
(except on the sides it says recent posts)
i want to have things in the middle of the portal page pictures headlines newest news...and more
i want it to look like this portal page.. www.misticriver.net its a full page!
thanks
Avatars can already be uploaded from within the Edit Avatar page. Signatures cannot be uploaded through the software, so what you can do is upload it to a place like CreateMyBB Images and then use the URL to your uploaded image in your signature.

To set the forum ID to pull the threads from for the portal, go to:

Admin CP -> Board Settings -> Change -> Portal Settings -> Forum ID to pull announcements from

The forum ID is the bolded and underlined portion of the forum display page's URL:

http://support.createmybb.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2

If we were to set it like this here at the support forums, the latest 10 threads in the Announcements forum would show up on the portal.

hey all the threads (up to 10) are showing up on the portal page now?
i thought only announcments show up? i guess all do
ok thats cool
also i want a button to show up to go back to the portal cause once you leave the portal you cant get back unless you type in the adress bar the portal
i want the portal to be my homepage always even if you go into the site 5 times in one day i want it to go to portal
thanks a lot
oh and what if i want a thread from a different forum id to show up? should i copy the thread to the forum that pops up?
It should show the latest ten threads from the forum ID you entered.

You can add a "portal" button to the top of the page by going to:

Admin CP -> Templates -> Modify/Delete -> *your template set* -> Expand -> header -> Edit

Find:
Code:
<ul>

Add after:
Code:
<li><a href="$settings[bburl]/portal.php">Portal</a></li>

Currently, you can only show the latest 10 threads from one forum, so you would have to move a thread (or copy the thread) into the forum that the portal pulls the announcements from.
i wanted it to be in bold at the top where the other buttons are- you know "search" "member list: ...ect

i took out the <il part and put the string before <ul thing and somehow it worked- i think..? ok i think i totally messed it up does <ul/> make it bold?
now how can i space it farther away from the "help" button on the top and maybe even add a picture before it like the other buttons

also i want the word to be home not portal so what word do i change?
oh i see the portal word ok...
and how can i redirect them to the portal page everytime a user goes on (not just the first time)

and a side thing -how many attachments in a post can be made i mean its not unlimited right?
Could I please have a link to your forum?

About attachments - you can set the number of attachments through:

Admin CP -> Board Settings -> Change -> Posting -> Maximum Attachments Per Post

You have unlimited amount of space for attachments at this time.
wow!
ok ill give you the link but im embarrased
http://kushnerconnect.createmybb.com/portal.php
You were supposed to put the code I told you inside the existing <ul> tag.