Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[solved]Banned Names
I've got a list of names that i want to add to the banned username list, so that members can't sign up with those names. I've added the names to the ban username list but it doesn't seem to work, i registered with two of those names just to test it out but it's not working.

Just wondering how you set the names out, cause i'm not sure how if i'm doing it right.
Vesper Lynd: If the only thing left of you was your smile and your little finger, you'd still be more of a man than anyone I've ever known.
James Bond: That's because you know what I can do with my little finger...
The usernames must be seperated with a space so it should look like this
Quote:CheeseCake Tomato Potato Pie Cream ShortCake Bread FeltTipPen RedButton YellowButton RedButton YellowButton RedButton YellowButton RedButton YellowButton RedButton YellowButton

Hope that helps Smile
[Image: sig-mint.png]
So it goes acrsoss the box, and not down. i'll give it a try. So instead of having Derek Morgan like that have it DerekMorgan or can i add the space bettween the first and last name. Sorry if i've confused you.
Vesper Lynd: If the only thing left of you was your smile and your little finger, you'd still be more of a man than anyone I've ever known.
Unfortunately, since mybb 1.1.8 uses spaces to separate user names in the list. It is impossible to ban a user name with a space in it. However, mybb 1.2 separates user names in the list using a comma. So it will be possible to ban a user name with a space after the upgrade.
Ah right ok, so anyone who is on 1.1 will go onto 1.2. Thanks for the help, it doesn't matter for the moment, because i can always change usernames if someone does sign up with it.
Great, marking as solved.