adding favicon to your forum
Quote:I don't know exactly where to put this

what is a favicon?
ans:
favicon is a small image that appears before
the url in the address bar
[Image: favicon6oe.jpg]

Instruction
  • create a 16x16 (that's my preference) image you want and save as an ico and I use photshop and irfanview to change the file extension but
    you can use this favicon generator instead... very handy free online tool
  • go to your ACP>Template Management and expand the default template and look for the headerinclude then expand it.
  • insert the below code before the <meta>
    Code:
    <link rel="shortcut icon" href="URL of the favicon">

I think that's it and if you know already how to
add favicon iin your webpage document then this is
very very easy Big Grin
I may be doing some more in the future, not sure what on exactly but I am sure I will find something that is worth contributing.
I've been having problems uploading my favicon to my site. I'm not sure if the generator I used is wrong or not so will try this one. Thanks for posting it.
favicon?? well its really new thing for me, i'll try the code then will hit u up for further discussion.....if i face any problem then........
eNigma Wrote:Instruction
  • create a 16x16 (that's my preference) image you want and save as an ico and I use photshop and irfanview to change the file extension but
    you can use this favicon generator instead... very handy free online tool
Done that.
eNigma Wrote:
  • go to your ACP>Template Management and expand the default template and look for the headerinclude then expand it.
  • What do you mean expand the default template, how do you do it?
    eZigma Wrote:
  • insert the below code before the <meta>
    Code:
    <link rel="shortcut icon" href="URL of the favicon">
  • I thought that the codes where in css, not html. So I'm confused even more! Where is this header include!?