Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unable to attach files
Hello, 

I have recently created a new forum and when testing the ability to attach files I've encountered an error :

"Please correct the following errors before continuing:
  • The type of file that you attached is not allowed. Please remove the attachment or choose a different type.

• The type of file that you attached is not allowed. Please remove the attachment or choose a different type.
    "

I've tried browsing for solutions using the search however it appears most people must have the back end adjusted by the CreateMyBB team for it to be resolved.

Our forum is for an e-sports racing team and will certainly need the ability to upload .sto files (our car setup files) and .tga / .mip files (paint scheme files).

Our forum address is teamtwisted.createmybb4.com

Please advise.

Thank you!
Chris
Made a change not sure if it will help
Please don't PM me for support. Try to post a topic allows other people to learn.
[Image: sig-jon.png]
Like CreateMyBB? Support me at https://www.patreon.com/vbgamer45/
(05-17-2020, 09:30 PM)Jon Wrote: Made a change not sure if it will help

Hi Jon, 

I appreciate the prompt response but unfortunately it doesn't look like it resolved the issue in this case. I am still receiving the error in the exact format as shown in the previous post.

Chris
(05-17-2020, 10:22 PM)Team Twisted Wrote:
(05-17-2020, 09:30 PM)Jon Wrote: Made a change not sure if it will help

Hi Jon, 

I appreciate the prompt response but unfortunately it doesn't look like it resolved the issue in this case. I am still receiving the error in the exact format as shown in the previous post.

Chris

Hi Jon, any chance there's an alternate fix? Being able to upload and attach these files are an essential cornerstone of our message board - don't know if it will be usable without these attachment options and my team owner is asking for updates regarding forum development.

Please advise.

Thanks! Smile

Please let me know at your earliest convenience.
Sorry been busy I am not sure what else to do at this point.

I would look into our file hosts such as gdrive or dropbox or something else. We are not really meant to be a file hosting service.
Please don't PM me for support. Try to post a topic allows other people to learn.
[Image: sig-jon.png]
Like CreateMyBB? Support me at https://www.patreon.com/vbgamer45/