Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to add a favicon
I would like to add a favicon. For example, on this support forum there is a lightbulb icon in my browser tab.
Is it possible?
Yeah you can edit the template header.
You can upload the favico png file to the files/image hosting section in your admin area.
Please don't PM me for support. Try to post a topic allows other people to learn.
[Image: sig-jon.png]
Like CreateMyBB? Support me at https://www.patreon.com/vbgamer45/
(10-05-2019, 11:29 PM)Jon Wrote: Yeah you can edit the template header.
You can upload the favico png file to the files/image hosting section in your admin area.

Thanks, Jon. That pointed me in the right direction and I solved it after some searching. For the benefit of others, here in detail is how I did it:

In ACP / Templates / Manage Template Sets / Default Templates / Header Templates / Header..
In this section I added the <link> statement shown
Code:
                    <ul class="menu top_links">
                        {$menu_portal}
                        {$menu_search}
                        {$menu_memberlist}
                        {$menu_calendar}
                        <li><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/misc.php?action=help" class="help">{$lang->toplinks_help}</a></li>
                        <link rel="icon" href="replace this by the url of your favicon">
                    </ul>

It may not show up straight away. Try clearing cache... mine eventually showed up on Firefox and Microsoft Edge, but not Chrome. Maybe it will one day  Rolleyes
I found a better solution tested successfully on Chrome, Edge, Firefox and Opera.

In ACP / Templates / Manage Template Sets / Default Templates/Ungrouped Templates/Headerinclude

Insert
Code:
<link rel="shortcut icon" href="replace this by the url of your favicon">
just before the meta group.