Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Registration problems
Hi,

My board is https://bbb.createmybb4.com.

There seems to be something broken in the registration process. My last two new users never received their activation e-mails and I had to activate them manually. 

Then I tried to create a new test ID to see if I would get the e-mail and it will not accept my e-mail address (terryr999 AT wanadoo.fr) even though it is a perfectly good address.
Did they check for the email in their spam/junk folder? I just created an account on my test forum and the activation email arrived in my junk folder.
I didn't get any issues testing your email on another forum hosted here.
Please don't PM me for support. Try to post a topic allows other people to learn.
[Image: sig-jon.png]
Like CreateMyBB? Support me at https://www.patreon.com/vbgamer45/
I asked both users to check their Spam folders and both said there was nothing there.

I'm now getting a different error message "You have entered an email address that is already in use by another member. Please enter a different email address." so that explains that part.

I then used an alternative g-mail address that I have. This was accepted but I have not received an activation e-mail (yet).
Have you checked the "Login and Registration Options" to make sure you have the correct "Registration Method" selected?

Admin CP > Configuration > Login and Registration Options > Registration Method
Good thought but it is set to "Send Email Verification" which sounds right to me.

It is now 24 hours since I created the test ID and no verification e-mail has been received.
It should be nearly instantly unless your isp is blocking it. Check junk/spam/bulk folders.
Please don't PM me for support. Try to post a topic allows other people to learn.
[Image: sig-jon.png]
Like CreateMyBB? Support me at https://www.patreon.com/vbgamer45/
I have checked all possible folders, as did the other two cases I know of. It would have to be three separate ISPs completely deleting the activation mails without informing the user they had done it. This seems unlikely...

Also, I did get the activation mails when you added me to your test forum.
I am having the same issue with some of my users who report they never got any email messages regarding registration or test messages.

My forum is synologyusers.createmybb4.com. The user who has tried all this is 'akahan'.

Alan
(12-05-2018, 08:34 AM)Alan sh Wrote: I am having the same issue with some of my users who report they never got any email messages regarding registration or test messages.

My forum is synologyusers.createmybb4.com. The user who has tried all this is 'akahan'.

Alan

I just registered an account with your forum and received the activation email instantly.

You can go ahead and delete the user "liondog72".