Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
User changes don't stick if not the default theme
My forum is https://synologyusers.createmybb4.com/index.php

I've exported themes from cb1300.createmybb4.com and imported them to the forum above. But now the Edit User Options selected don't stick.

For example, I change the options to a different theme and Update Options... after a few seconds I'm back and rhe new theme is there.

BUT... if I then select a different option (not color) to apply, for example, "Display images in posts" and then "Update Options", I'm back to default colors.

I noticed that none of the Edit Options check boxes retains their checks, so when we do "Update Options" we end up unapplying everything we selected earlier.

What have I done wrong?

Alan

Edit - this also happens with hoc.createmybb4.com - and I didn't import the themes.
Edit - it appears that any changes attempted in the "edit options" of the user control panel always go back to the default when you hit 'update'.
Edit - I tried it in this forum an it works. I've also tried removing all plugins - no difference.
This is happening on my forum as well and I don’t have any imported themes. As I’ve mentioned before, I’ve also noticed the word “array” appearing on the areas of the user cp that are editable by the user.
Jon - can you help?????
Have to look into it.
Please don't PM me for support. Try to post a topic allows other people to learn.
[Image: sig-jon.png]
Like CreateMyBB? Support me at https://www.patreon.com/vbgamer45/
Thanks Jon
Hi Jon,

Any news on this?

Alan
Quote: I noticed that none of the Edit Options check boxes retains their checks, so when we do "Update Options" we end up unapplying everything we selected earlier.

As a work round for this you can tell your users to check all the relevant checkboxes before clicking on "Update Options". That way all the chosen options are still applied when you check the users account settings in the Admin CP.
(11-29-2018, 12:14 PM)liondog72 Wrote:
Quote: I noticed that none of the Edit Options check boxes retains their checks, so when we do "Update Options" we end up unapplying everything we selected earlier.

As a work round for this you can tell your users to check all the relevant checkboxes before clicking on "Update Options". That way all the chosen options are still applied when you check the users account settings in the Admin CP.

That doesn't work. When I click on "update options" all the check marks disappear.

Alan
(11-29-2018, 01:54 PM)Alan sh Wrote:
(11-29-2018, 12:14 PM)liondog72 Wrote:

That doesn't work. When I click on "update options" all the check marks disappear.

Alan

Even when you check the users accounts setting via user and groups in the admin CP? Even though all the check marks disappear on the user CP they should still show as checked in the Admin CP.

.jpg   Screenshot_2.jpg (Size: 147.78 KB / Downloads: 4)  
.jpg   Screenshot_3.jpg (Size: 79.45 KB / Downloads: 4)
But I want the users to be able to change their own settings.

PS - I don't see the relevance of screenshot_3. What am I supposed to be looking at?

Cheers

Alan