Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do I see DVShoutbox?
I noticed that it is available so I have installed and enabled it on my test forum (testcb1300.createmybb4.com). But when I go to the forum it doesn't look any different (I'm using the default theme).

Do I have to do anything else to start using it?

cheers

Alan
Check out https://support.createmybb.com/showthrea...73#pid9973
Please don't PM me for support. Try to post a topic allows other people to learn.
[Image: sig-jon.png]
Like CreateMyBB? Support me at https://www.patreon.com/vbgamer45/
Thanks Jon,

I’ll give it a go

Alan
Should work fine if you add the CSS code to the end of your global CSS and then add the {$dvz_shoutbox} variable to your index template.

If you want the shoutbox at the top of your homepage your index template should look something like this:

Code:
<html>
<head>
<title>{$mybb->settings['bbname']}</title>
{$headerinclude}
<script type="text/javascript">
<!--
    lang.no_new_posts = "{$lang->no_new_posts}";
    lang.click_mark_read = "{$lang->click_mark_read}";
// -->
</script>
</head>
<body>
{$header}
{$dvz_shoutbox}
{$forums}
{$boardstats}

<dl class="forum_legend smalltext">
    <dt><span class="forum_status forum_on" title="{$lang->new_posts}"></span></dt>
    <dd>{$lang->new_posts}</dd>

<dt><span class="forum_status forum_off" title="{$lang->no_new_posts}"></span></dt>
    <dd>{$lang->no_new_posts}</dd>

<dt><span class="forum_status forum_offlock" title="{$lang->forum_locked}"></span></dt>
    <dd>{$lang->forum_locked}</dd>

<dt><span class="forum_status forum_offlink" title="{$lang->forum_redirect}"></span></dt>
    <dd>{$lang->forum_redirect}</dd>
</dl>
<br class="clear" />
{$footer}
</body>
</html>
Thanks - yes, it does work. Now I just need to think about whether I want to add it.

Alan
One small question. If I have the date and time at the rh side, it goes over 2 lines. What do I edit to make it all on one line?

Cheers

Alan