Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Discuss: Server Move
and dude, why can't we somehow copy all of the data from www.tms.createmybb.net and put it on www.tms.createmybb.com? Can't we just like backup www.tms.createmybb.net and then you could put the data on to www.tms.createmybb.com? because if you are deleting the old server, that means that all of the posts i lost during the server move AND the posts that are currently being posted on www.tms.createmybb.net will be wasted, and make my members angry, which will make me angry, and thats not good. So please we have to solve this problem.
i apologize for the double post.

but why can't you simply copy all of the data from www.tms.createmybb.net, and simply open up the FTP of www.tms.createmybb.com, and put the data there? Or If you don't use an FTP client just somehow copy the data there because I really need this data back to www.tms.createmybb.com.

that is because

1.) u say that u will delete the old server, a.k.a. www.tms.createmybb.net

2.) pretty much all links on the forum of www.tms.createmybb.net lead to www.tms.createmybb.com. see it for yourself.

So, Please, can you somewhere in your arsenal of power find out how to get the data from www.tms.createmybb.net to www.tms.createmybb.com

I would GREAAAAAAAATLY appreciate it.

-Tuekie456
TMS Admin
CreateMyBB.net is supposedly still propogating for the new server. Everything should be working soon.
[Image: sig-adam.png]
well, my forum worked fine this morning, but it got screwed up AGAIN!!! Seriously, you people need to warn us before you change the server!
Tuekie456 Wrote:i apologize for the double post.

but why can't you simply copy all of the data from www.tms.createmybb.net, and simply open up the FTP of www.tms.createmybb.com, and put the data there? Or If you don't use an FTP client just somehow copy the data there because I really need this data back to www.tms.createmybb.com.

that is because

1.) u say that u will delete the old server, a.k.a. www.tms.createmybb.net

2.) pretty much all links on the forum of www.tms.createmybb.net lead to www.tms.createmybb.com. see it for yourself.

So, Please, can you somewhere in your arsenal of power find out how to get the data from www.tms.createmybb.net to www.tms.createmybb.com

I would GREAAAAAAAATLY appreciate it.

-Tuekie456
TMS Admin

Since we are hosting many forums, we can't do this for everyone.. you'll have to do it yourself.
[Image: sig-destroyer.png]

[Image: attachment.php?aid=90]
i know. but I don't have the FTP User and Password to www.tms.createmybb.net or www.tms.createmybb.com. I need those, Createmybb admin, please PM my the FTP Username and Password for both forums.
The system doesn't really work like that. There is only one set of files per user and the database. So it is not easly done.
CreateMyBB
Please don't PM me for support. Try to post a topic allows other people to learn.
[Image: sig-jon.png]
Like CreateMyBB? Support me at https://www.patreon.com/vbgamer45/
To clear up what he said.. there is 1 set of files that ALL forums are hosted on.. and the subdomains aren't real subdomains.
[Image: sig-adam.png]
CreateMYBB, you can just export the tms table in the database on the old server using phpmyadmin or something like that and reimport it on the new server. how hard is that? Its only 2 tables. tms_threads and tms_posts?
tikitiki Wrote:CreateMYBB, you can just export the tms table in the database on the old server using phpmyadmin or something like that and reimport it on the new server. how hard is that? Its only 2 tables. tms_threads and tms_posts?
phpMyAdmin stops working with several thousand tables. I had to remotely copy the entire db which took a couple hours.
Please don't PM me for support. Try to post a topic allows other people to learn.
[Image: sig-jon.png]
Like CreateMyBB? Support me at https://www.patreon.com/vbgamer45/