Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some questions from a novice.
I'm a 'refugee' from icyboards and looking to this forum as a replacement.

Some questions?

1. How do I change the title from "MyBB" to something else? On icyboards, I could do an ftp upload to the images folder but here I can't see how I would do that.

2. How do I import themes? Some of my users like a dark theme (black background) but I can't see a way of importing it.

3. How do I import my SQL file so I can get all the existing information across?

4. How do I upload all the smilies I currently have? Once again, under icyboards, I used ftp to get them in and then just linked to them.

Thanks for any answers

Alan
1. We do not have an FTP option for images at the moment. YOu would need to find another site to host the images for now. We might an image uploader later.
Or you can use the gallery to store your images. You would need to edit the template header.

2. In themes and templates area this is only forums on createmybb4.com if you made a forum a long time ago these features are not found there.

3. Has to be sent manually to be me along with your forum url.

4. Currently not supported.
Please don't PM me for support. Try to post a topic allows other people to learn.
[Image: sig-jon.png]
Like CreateMyBB? Support me at https://www.patreon.com/vbgamer45/
1. You now have a file manager and I could upload a JPG image of the header. Is it possible to replace "MyBB" with that image?
2. That's OK. I can live with what is there.
3. Thank you.
4. This one could be a deal breaker. My users love their smilies. Any plans for this in the future? [edit] - I've seen you've added a load of new ones. That may work.]

cheers

Alan