Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HELP My forum was attacked!
A member of my Administration Team decided that he was upset about some recent changes and decided to delete every single catagory and forum, delete members, and then himself. I had put a LOT of hours into making my site what it was, and now it's all gone. Is there ANY way at all to recover everything??!!

Please help ASAP!!

LINK TO FORUM: http://ametropd.createmybb3.com
A recent back up might restore most parts of the forum but not all forum members.

I hate to say it but you might also have to limit potential damage in the future by limiting admiistrative powers to make those kind of changes on the board.
Sunsettommy Wrote:I hate to say it but you might also have to limit potential damage in the future by limiting admiistrative powers to make those kind of changes on the board.

I completely agree, however I don't know how to do that lol
mrhammerick Wrote:
Sunsettommy Wrote:I hate to say it but you might also have to limit potential damage in the future by limiting admiistrative powers to make those kind of changes on the board.

Make all of the site administrators into Super Moderators and then give them some specified administrative powers.

If you do change their status from Administrator to Super Moderator then you can follow this path to decide in what level of administrator permissions you want to give them individually.

User&Groups> Admin Permissions> Choose a Super Mod member and click on the option box> Then click on Edit permissions> When all finished with the editing go to bottom and click on Update Permissions

Repeat with another Super Moderator member....
mrhammerick Wrote:

Lowell, this is EXACTLY why you have me. I know how to do that. You just edit the administrator permissions and change it to where admins can't edit admin permissions, so only you can. I'll show you how to do this once I re-register. Toungue
Sunsettommy Wrote:A recent back up might restore most parts of the forum but not all forum members.

How do I do that back-up? I have no clue. There is a lot about BB that I still don't know how to do Sad
mrhammerick Wrote:
Sunsettommy Wrote:A recent back up might restore most parts of the forum but not all forum members.

How do I do that back-up? I have no clue. There is a lot about BB that I still don't know how to do Sad

You have to get it from the server host since the cPANEL is in their control.Your create mybb backed forum ACP has no back up access in it.

I have a forum that I own and pay the server thus I have full cPANEL access where I can make my own back ups.There would be a tutorial in the panel that tell you how to do it but here is a link that can show you how to do it IF you had a cPANEL to use.

PhpMyAdmin: Backup Database using PhpMyAdmin

http://www.phpeveryday.com/articles/PhpM...-P119.html

I post this for your possible future need.
mrhammerick Wrote:

You can't make back ups on a sub-domain Lowell. You have to have createmybb3.com. They might make back ups every so often, so that's what we are waiting for to see if they can restore the site to their most recent back up.