Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Discuss: Moving to a dedicated server
Please discuss this thread here.
[Image: sig-adam.png]
Well done. Wink
[Image: sig-destroyer.png]

[Image: attachment.php?aid=90]
I have a question.. is it faster or slower than before?
I can't tell... but I remember that when The Digital Freeway's server was just set up, it was pretty fast, and considering this is only the second site on there, it shouldn't be slow Wink
Wow....good job Adam!!!

It seems a bit slower, but that just might be my imagination......
It might just be your DNS, and your cache. It's never loaded this IP and stuff.. it was slow for me at first, but now it's really sped up. Toungue
Adam Wrote:It might just be your DNS, and your cache. It's never loaded this IP and stuff.. it was slow for me at first, but now it's really sped up. Toungue
Your probably right......good job with the new server!
Hello, I'm the owner of The Digital Freeway Smile . Access to the server should be speedy, but as with any other server, there may be times when a large amount of traffic hits and during that time there may be a slow down, however those times should be occasional. There's other things that affect access speed to any site too, such as the durability of your ISPs connections to the location of the server, your distance from that location of the server, internet congestion, ISP node experiencing heavy load or being oversold, overall ISP congestion, and so on...so as you can see the internet is far from perfect (although some day maybe it will be Big Grin )...however all and all, access to the server should be speedy the vast majority of the time, the other times can be caused by any of the above factors and more but those tims as already stated should be rare Smile ...oh yeah, and if there ever are any times when you feel something is wrong with the server, just send me a PM and I'll get back to you asap on the matter Smile
As I was visiting my forum yesterday, I encountered a
white page with a message about cmybb's moving to
a dedicated server and for me it's a good news so
right now, I'm happy that the moving is completed. It's
really a wonderful news and I love improvements Big Grin

rgrds,
eNigma
It's definitely faster than before, I mean, right away I noticed I could zip through the forum.