Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Solved] Googlebot and other Bots
I have a question about these bots:

Is there a way I can comfigure my forum so that instead of showing up as a guest, I can make Googlebot appear as "googlebot" at the bottom of my forum? I always keep getting my hopes up for a new member when I see that there is a guest only to find that it is a search engine.

Thanks in advance.
[Image: wsor6xz.png]
Gameboy8661 Wrote:I have a question about these bots:

Is there a way I can comfigure my forum so that instead of showing up as a guest, I can make Googlebot appear as "googlebot" at the bottom of my forum? I always keep getting my hopes up for a new member when I see that there is a guest only to find that it is a search engine.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,
Sorry, but this is not currently possible as far as I know. This would involve file changes that would affect all boards.

Thank you for choosing and supporting CreateMyBB!
Googlebot should already show up... it may possibly be "Gigablast" that you are seeing, that one is not recognized by MyBB.
It doesn't get the googlebot on my forum. I aleays get the googlebot I.P(I looked it up) and it still shows up as a guest.
In the next MyBB version (1.2) most of the new search engines will be added.
[Image: sig-destroyer.png]

[Image: attachment.php?aid=90]
Hmm, I just recently saw Googlebot appear at the bottom of this forum.
Googlebot has more then one IP adress. Wink
[Image: sig-destroyer.png]

[Image: attachment.php?aid=90]
It does? I always get the same one so I assumed it was always the same. Ah well, you learn something new everyday!