Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Permissions not working...
I was wondering if I could get some help with the permissions on my board.

There are a few folders on our board that are not meant to be seen until you're registered, and one that only board admins should be able to see for private board-function discussion.

One of the other admins brought to my attention that these folders are now viewable by everyone on the board, registered or not. I've checked all the permissions and nothing is wrong. They're all set so that those folders shouldn't be seen by people who shouldn't be seeing them, only they are seeing them.

Is there someone in charge of MyBB who can take a look and see what's going on and fix it please? Much appreciated.
I have been working on trying to figure out what is causing this as well. I am hoping the next upgrade will fix it.
Please don't PM me for support. Try to post a topic allows other people to learn.
[Image: sig-jon.png]
Like CreateMyBB? Support me at https://www.patreon.com/vbgamer45/
I'm also experiencing the same problem.

My forum is still on the old server createmybb.com Since the installation of the new server createmybb2.com, some of my forums were set to private that could only be viewable by certain members (eg staff and admin only), are now revealed to everyone even those who are unregistered. For this reason I had to close the board much to the disappointment of members until further notice.

I'm hoping there is an update regarding the permissions. If createmybb2 is the solution, I may have to face the daunting task of migrating content to a new board on this server.
I've found that passwording the specific areas has worked as a temporary solution for me. I'd suggest seeing if that will work, but I don't know the set up of your board. If it works though, you could open up your board again.

Also, if it's a problem because of createmybb2, then I think it might be nice if the createmybb staff did the migration for you if the task seems that daunting. That's just my opinion, but they're the ones responsible for glitches in the code like this. Of course, I'm also of the opinion that it would be nice if someone could just set aside some time to look at the code, find the problem, and fix it. I mean, this problem has existed for months now.
The issue occurs on createmybb2 as well? Or is your forum on createmybb.com
Please don't PM me for support. Try to post a topic allows other people to learn.
[Image: sig-jon.png]
Like CreateMyBB? Support me at https://www.patreon.com/vbgamer45/
If you're talking to me, then our forum is on createmybb.