Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4 Questions.
Thanks lorddonk! Great help.

I still need help on 2 more questions!

Please, i really need help. And fast!
Guys, i have a question. I just started my own forum, provided by Createmybb.

1. I noticed that members that join needs to be validated. What if i dont want validation? I want members just to post and do whatever they want to after they registered. Please tell me thanks! (SOLVED)

2. How do i make normal members become super/mods? (SOLVED)

3. How do i change the "New Posts", "No New Posts", "Locked Forums". Picture? (SOLVED)

4. How do i change the default font of my site, to this font that you are looking at right now? (SOLVED)

5. How do i make posts and threads approved instantly? That means, i dont want to approve threads. Whatever my members make, it gets approved immediately. (NEED HELP, FAST!)

6. How do i take the message after everytime you post? The message that says, thank you for posting you will now be directed to your posts, yada, yada. (SOLVED)

7. How do i AutoMerge Double posts? (SOLVED)

8. A few of my members are having trouble in entering the forums. They say that this message is always shown;

http://pokeray.createmybb2.com Wrote:MySQL error: 2003
Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061)
Query:
(NEED HELP, FAST!)

Help is appreciated.. thanks!
Guys, i have a question. I just started my own forum, provided by Createmybb.

1. I noticed that members that join needs to be validated. What if i dont want validation? I want members just to post and do whatever they want to after they registered. Please tell me thanks! (SOLVED)

2. How do i make normal members become super/mods? (SOLVED)

3. How do i change the "New Posts", "No New Posts", "Locked Forums". Picture? (SOLVED)

4. How do i change the default font of my site, to this font that you are looking at right now? (SOLVED)

5. How do i make posts and threads approved instantly? That means, i dont want to approve threads. Whatever my members make, it gets approved immediately. (NEED HELP, FAST!)

6. How do i take the message after everytime you post? The message that says, thank you for posting you will now be directed to your posts, yada, yada. (SOLVED)

7. How do i AutoMerge Double posts? (SOLVED)

8. A few of my members are having trouble in entering the forums. They say that this message is always shown;

http://pokeray.createmybb2.com Wrote:MySQL error: 2003
Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061)
Query:
(NEED HELP, FAST!)

Help is appreciated.. thanks!
I know you need help, and its frustrating when people don't answer right away, but please do not double post (post the same thing twice in a row). It is against the rules here. Smile

I would have answered this yesterday but my time was limited then. So I'll try my best now;

I don't quite understand why you would have to approve your members posts, it shouldn't require you to moderate posts unless that board is set to "Require moderation before post".

Try this:

First, login to your administration control panel, and select 'Manage Forums' under Forum Management. Then, click the 'Edit' button.

Scroll down to the 'Moderation Options' section and make sure 'Moderate New Posts' and 'Moderate New Threads' are both set to 'No'

Go through each of your forums and categories and make sure that these options are set to 'No' in each of them. If they are set to 'Yes', set it to 'No' and click 'Update Forums'.

That should fix that problem, as for the other question regarding that error, it doesn't seem to be happening for me, so it is probably just a database problem, meaning its nothing you can help.

Occasionally, too many people are connecting to CreateMyBB at the same time, and that's just the board way of saying, "I couldn't connect!" There isn't really anything you can do, just tell your guests if they get that to press 'Refresh'. Or if its happening for a long time, CreateMyBB may be having some downtime just try again in 15 minutes or so.

Hope this helps you! If you have any questions, certainly feel free to ask! Smile
[Image: genis.png]
http://szproductions.co.nr/
MyBB can kick YourBB's butt.
Yes. I'm sorry for Double-Posting.

And, yes. I ticked yes to Moderate New Posts & Threads. But, i have changed all of them to No. My members still have to get their posts Approved ;/.