Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4 Questions.
Guys, i have a question. I just started my own forum, provided by Createmybb.

1. I noticed that members that join needs to be validated. What if i dont want validation? I want members just to post and do whatever they want to after they registered. Please tell me thanks! (SOLVED)

2. How do i make normal members become super/mods? (SOLVED)

3. How do i change the "New Posts", "No New Posts", "Locked Forums". Picture? (SOLVED)

4. How do i change the default font of my site, to this font that you are looking at right now? (SOLVED)

5. How do i make posts and threads approved instantly? That means, i dont want to approve threads. Whatever my members make, it gets approved immediately. (NEED HELP, FAST!)

6. How do i take the message after everytime you post? The message that says, thank you for posting you will now be directed to your posts, yada, yada. (SOLVED)

7. How do i AutoMerge Double posts? (SOLVED)

8. A few of my members are having trouble in entering the forums. They say that this message is always shown;

http://pokeray.createmybb2.com Wrote:MySQL error: 2003
Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061)
Query:
(NEED HELP, FAST!)

Help is appreciated.. thanks!
Look to the left in admin CP... Admin CP>Board Settings>Change>User Registration and Profile Options>Registration Method for 1, Admin CP>Users and Groups>Search for Users, then type in their name and click search. After that, select their name from the list. You can do whatever you want to them from there. You probably would never have a clue what to do in 3 and 4, but you need to edit the HTML in the templates.
My Sonic the Hedgehog forum. Money I have: $[cash].00
Thanks for number one and two.

Actually, i do know how to use HTML a little bit. I'm not too good, but i understand. Could you guide me? If worse comes to worst, can i make an admin acc for you and you fix it? then i'll delete your account when you're done. But try guiding me first. Thanks.

You've been great help and thanks.
Okay, just go to Admin CP>Templates>Search, then search for >. Codebuttons are the buttons you use to insert tags ([img], [i], ETC), Index is the index (I've done quite an edit to that one), Header_welcomeblock_member is the thing at the top that says "Welcome back, *your name*! User CP-Admin CP-Logout", so on and so on. If you look closely at the HTML, you can find out what it's for. If you accidentally mess everything up, just click "Reset" at the messed up template and it will all be back to normal (I messed up once, my whole forum turned into an error page!).
To change the font, go to Admin CP>Themes>*your theme*. There are many blocks, each for one thing. You can change the color codes and edit the HTML (of course, there's not much to edit, but you can add extra CSS code if you want).
Okay, that's hard. Can you come on my site and help me?

And, i've got another question. How do i let threads be approved instantly? one of my member made a thread and i had to approve it for it to be seen. I need help on that too.
Hmm, i've seem to have done everything right now. All i currently need help is with the NoNewPost thing stuff. I already know how to do it, but i just cant see to find the codebutton for it..

Also, how do i ; Auto-Merge, DoublePosts?
Check a post's box, scroll to the bottom and select an action from the list.
Hmm, i cant seem to find that. Could you direct me with the pathway?

I've got 2 more questions.

1. How do i make posts and threads approved instantly? That means, i dont want to approve threads. Whatever my members make, it gets approved immediately.
  2. How do i take the message after everytime you post? The message that says, thank you for posting you will now be directed to your posts, yada, yada.

Please tell me. Thanks!
Ka'Mewie:- Wrote:Hmm, i cant seem to find that. Could you direct me with the pathway?

I've got 2 more questions.

1. How do i make posts and threads approved instantly? That means, i dont want to approve threads. Whatever my members make, it gets approved immediately.
  2. How do i take the message after everytime you post? The message that says, thank you for posting you will now be directed to your posts, yada, yada.

Please tell me. Thanks!

Not sure about the first one, but for your second question:

Log into your Administration Control Panel, then, choose "Change" under the board settings category on the left. Select "Server and Optimization Settings" and change the second last optionr:
Code:
[b]"Friendly Redirection Pages"[/b]
This will enable friendly redirection pages instead of bumping the user directly to the page.
change it to "off". Don't forget to "Submit Changes".
[Image: genis.png]
http://szproductions.co.nr/
MyBB can kick YourBB's butt.