Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problems!! Help please
Question 
Hello all, I am new here as you could probably guess.

I am experienced with myBB. I have used it a lot before, but I was especially surprised to see the cool plug ins when I came here.
However, I noticed some problems with some.

Here is what I tried and the results: (>>=Problem of some sort)

Additional Group Images: Successful

Board Message: Successful

>>Cash/Bank/Etc: Successful I guess, but why did it give me 10000 credits when I didn't set that you automatically get that much, and not that much per post either...

>>Country Flag: Didn't do anything, any clues on how to get it working?

MyBB Ecellular: I have no idea if this works, I hope Big Grin

Extra Statistics: Successful

Mouse over thread Preview: Successful

>>PJIRC Chat: Wondering how to get a channel!

Portal: Successful

>>Quick Edit: I have seen this work before, doesn't work now. Doesn't even show.

>>Thread Discriptions: Doesn't appear, when I tried to activate it gave me an error:
Dumb Thing Wrote:]mySQL error: 1060
Duplicate column name 'description'
Query: ALTER TABLE sherwoodx_threads ADD description VARCHAR( 120 ) NOT NULL AFTER subject
And then 3 of them appeared in the list in change settings, yet it still didn't appear.

PM Notification: Successful

>>MyBBWAR: Did absolutely nothing at all.....

Also none of the BBCode plugins appeared in the posts, but the Youttube one appeared as plain text, not a button. EDIT: Ok It works, but a button with graphics is needed.

My recommendation: Upgrade to latest mybb version! It is only at 1.1.8, and latest is 1.2.10! Why isn't it being updated? I have been on a mybb 1.2.9 forum, much less bugs, but 1.2.10 is needed. Please upgrade!!!!!!
My response:

Country flag: Only shows whn you select your country in user cp

MyBB Ecellular: Lets people view your forum using things like Iphones

>>Thread Descriptions: Got that error too. Sad

MyBB War: Just type www.yourforumname.createmybb.com/war.php in the adress bar.
My Sonic the Hedgehog forum. Money I have: $[cash].00
Ok war works fine Smile
Country flags...ok Wink
Ecelluar: Cool
Thread Descriptions: RAAAAAAAWWRRRRR
BBCode ones: Uhhhhhhhh help?
Quick Edit: Darn it this is not working
\But otherwise thanks Smile
You're welcome. Stupid thread descriptions error! I was gonna put a description on my flash arcade games (no, not that kind, I never understood how to make an arcade, so I made an area to put HTML code in the site games forum) but this dumb error won't let me!!!
Now I see I have 5 thread descriptions in the board settings but it is still not active...oh my god...you know this mybb is at 1.1.8 which is what...12-13 versions behind? 1.1.8 1.1.9 1.1.10 1.2.0 1.2.1 -----> 1.2.10 so we really need to get it updated....
Also, in the quick edit, there is a new brush icon where your courser doesn't change if you put it over the button, but if you click you go to quick edit. At least that's how it works in my forum...