Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Microsoft announces Windows Vista system requirements
Cool 
Well, Microsoft finally has come up with system requirements for Windows Vista it appears...

the full article: http://news.zdnet.com/2100-3513_22-60737...ag=nl.e589

quote from the article of the system requirements:

Quote: ...That said, Microsoft did publish official minimum requirements for Vista on Thursday, largely matching the Vista-capable specifications. Systems need an 800 MHz processor, 512MB of memory, a 20GB hard drive with 15GB of free space and a CD-ROM drive. That guarantees access to Vista's core features, but not Aero and other premium features.

To be classified as Vista-capable, a computer needs an 800MHz processor, 512MB of memory and a DirectX 9-capable graphics card. Premium Ready machines need a 1GHz processor, 128MB of graphics memory, 1GB of system memory, a 40GB hard drive and an internal or external DVD-ROM drive.
I personally am a mac person so I luckily don't have to deal with this :p...but I thought I'd post this for all you M$ fans out there...now then, the only remaining question is...will vista be delayed again (and there are expectations it may be..)...

And even if I did own a PC...I personally would not buy Vista, why? Because all of its innovative features have been removed (such as the WinFS file system) to try and make it deliverable on time, and Micro$oft still couldn't do that, what a surprise...Rolleyes ...the only good things in Vista that are left, are internal coding changes that the average user will never notice, that and the very OS X like interface and to get that interface you have to have quite a powerful PC...anyways, I'll stop now...Toungue

Messages In This Thread
Microsoft announces Windows Vista system requirements - by TheDigitalFreeway - 05-19-2006, 03:19 AM