Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Solved] PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
On my affiliates forum, they have a News thing on the front of the forum. It has text, and images, and urls, and is at the top of the page. If you don't get what I'm saying, look at the top of this link

Look at the top of the page. I want to be able to do that on my forums too! How can I do it?
That is a feature of the software they use. But, if you want something like it, you can go into your index template (Admin CP -> Templates -> Modify/Delete -> *your template set* -> Expand -> Index Page Templates -> index) and add something between $header and $forums. If you'd like a "box," you can use this code:

Code:
<table border="0" cellspacing="$theme[borderwidth]" cellpadding="$theme[tablespace]" class="tborder">
<thead>
<tr>
<td class="thead">
<div><strong>TOP OF BOX TEXT</strong></div>
</td>
</tr>
</thead>
<tbody>
<tr>
<td class="trow1">YOUR TEXT HERE</td>
</tr>
</tbody>
</table>
<br />
That won't give you "fading" news like their's, but it will give you the box. If you want fading news inside the box, you could always use a script that does that for you, such as the one at Dynamic Drive.

You would put that code where "YOUR TEXT HERE" is and modify it accordingly.
Justin S. Wrote:That is a feature of the software they use. But, if you want something like it, you can go into your index template (Admin CP -> Templates -> Modify/Delete -> *your template set* -> Expand -> Index Page Templates -> index) and add something between $header and $forums. If you'd like a "box," you can use this code:

Code:
<table border="0" cellspacing="$theme[borderwidth]" cellpadding="$theme[tablespace]" class="tborder">
<thead>
<tr>
<td class="thead">
<div><strong>TOP OF BOX TEXT</strong></div>
</td>
</tr>
</thead>
<tbody>
<tr>
<td class="trow1">YOUR TEXT HERE</td>
</tr>
</tbody>
</table>
<br />
That won't give you "fading" news like their's, but it will give you the box. If you want fading news inside the box, you could always use a script that does that for you, such as the one at Dynamic Drive.

You would put that code where "YOUR TEXT HERE" is and modify it accordingly.

Thanks for the help. Still, I need to figure out how to get the text on the box. If only this was a feature or programming...
Okay, but I have a new question: How do I space the text out? Like, I want to seperate two lines from eachother by pressing enter, but it always stays as one paragrahp. Does anybody know how I can space these things out? Thank you
Add <br /> (that's the HTML code for a line break)
Justin S. Wrote:Add <br /> (that's the HTML code for a line break)

Where do I put it?
Hazey Lucario Wrote:
Justin S. Wrote:Add <br /> (that's the HTML code for a line break)

Where do I put it?

Never mind, I figured it out. My problem is now, officialy solved.