Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Random users loosing smilies
My board is https://bbb.createmybb4.com 

Some of my users (myself included) do not have the smiley selector on the new thread or new post pages. However, it is there on the edit post (full edit) page. I've looked all over and I can't find any setting for that either in the admin CP or the user CP. I haven't modified any of the pages involved and the ones in my template set are identical to those in the default set. It's only some users, others are unaffected and I can't see any common factors for those users.

Any idea what could have happened to hide the smilies?
Try checking their account settings under user and groups in the Admin CP. Seems that when a user uses the "edit options" function in the user CP it blanks out all of their settings. Also I've recently noticed the word "array" appearing in areas of the user CP that are editable by the user.

.jpg   Screenshot_1.jpg (Size: 129.03 KB / Downloads: 7)
Thanks. But I looked there and I don't see any option that would hide the smilies.
You need to make sure they have the "Show MyCode formatting options on posting pages" box checked.
(11-01-2018, 02:33 PM)liondog72 Wrote: You need to make sure they have the "Show MyCode formatting options on posting pages" box checked.

That's it! Thank you, thank you, thank you.  Toungue