Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Directory?
Can we have a directory now? I want to view other peoples forums.

Here are some fetures:
- Rate Them
- Review them
- Show a preview of the forum
- Show the amount of posts/threads/members etc.
- Bobby
Coming soon! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
That's one of our features to come! Stay tuned!
[Image: sig-adam.png]
Ok, thanks for adding the directory tool now. But I get a couple of problems when I try to use it and a couple of suggestions.

Firstly, everything is listed in Art & Literature. You have specified that this is already known, but I might as well bring it up again.

Secondly, when I try and order the list by 'Name of Board' I get the following error message:
Code:
Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/cmbb/public_html/directory.php on line 185
No forums found in this category
Every other combination of Ordering works great!

Those are the bugs I found, now these are the features which I think you must have for it to be a complete directory.
  • The page number list is way too long. Trucinating (Spelling!) is needed here. And It would be nice if it were in clusters. Eg. 1,2,3...11,12,13...21,22,23...31,32,33.
  • Have the directory list (what you have now) and a 'More' link which shows detailed information about the board (I will call this the 'D page' from now on).
  • Rate and Review each board, like what iTunes Music Shop has where a rating is provided for each review and then an average rating would be calculated, which would be shown in the directory list. The reviews and their respective ratings would be shown in the D page.
  • Allow administrators of each hosted board to add a description about what they offer, talk about etc. An excerpt of this description would be shown on the directory list and the full description would be shown on the D page.
  • Allow administrators of each hosted board to upload/provide a link to a thumbnail of their forums (like the preview feature I was talking about. There are autocaptcha scripts out there, maby you could add an option in the Admin CP that when clicked on will generate the screenshot of the board so they dont have to [for added convienience]). I think this should only be on the D page because you want the directory list to load quickly and not have to wait for thumbnails to load.
  • Show Forum Administrator on the D page. For obvious reasons.
  • All this information must be Searchable! The information would be of no use if it is not indexed and searchable, hence my last feature would be Search Functionality.
Ive forgotten some things, as they come to mind I will post them. Apart from that great job!
Now I remember!
  • Next, Previous, Last and First Links to their respective locations.

Smile
- Bobby
Wow, you've came up with a lot of great ideas! I'll see what I can come up with.. but in the meantime, keep supporting CreateMyBB!

Thanks!
[Image: sig-adam.png]
*bump*
- Bobby
Nice ideas, I hope they get created.
[Image: wsor6xz.png]
I will see what I can do. I will take a look at this tonight.

Some things that I think would be cool in your admincp maybe have a section to give a directory title for forum and maybe a short description.

CreateMyBB
Please don't PM me for support. Try to post a topic allows other people to learn.
[Image: sig-jon.png]
Like CreateMyBB? Support me at https://www.patreon.com/vbgamer45/
Wait, there is now a option to change where your fourm is located in the directory? How did this get by me?
[Image: wsor6xz.png]