Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Discuss: 135 Smilies Added!
annette143 Wrote:clever is as clever does..can you accomplish things?

I have 3 shout boxes and their refresh time seems to alwasy be when someone is typing = wipes it all out

the chat won't seem to work for me, here is a screen shot of that
[attachment=52]

the gifs are in despirate need of being added to
but a main concern of mine is,
who/where/ for how long are our uploaded images ???

when yahoo bought out flickr they changed the rules to allow only 200 to show, I had to delete 2x that many to get my limit down.
I am tired of things I create being destroyed by others.
I am very hestiant about investing myself into a board here.
if I will continue depends on what happens from now on.

you are an Admin? can you T.C.B.? {take care of business?

see what we had at our old site before the host sold us and it quit working
that is what is left of a year of my life.
I am not going to do it again
this was our place} http://p2.forumforfree.com/meetingplace.html
Uploaded it as a .png file

Attached Files
.zip   untitled.zip (Size: 90.12 KB / Downloads: 0)
[Image: 301de2t.gif]
Jimbodude Wrote:
annette143 Wrote:clever is as clever does..can you accomplish things?

I have 3 shout boxes and their refresh time seems to alwasy be when someone is typing = wipes it all out

the chat won't seem to work for me, here is a screen shot of that
[attachment=52]

the gifs are in despirate need of being added to
but a main concern of mine is,
who/where/ for how long are our uploaded images ???

when yahoo bought out flickr they changed the rules to allow only 200 to show, I had to delete 2x that many to get my limit down.
I am tired of things I create being destroyed by others.
I am very hestiant about investing myself into a board here.
if I will continue depends on what happens from now on.

you are an Admin? can you T.C.B.? {take care of business?

see what we had at our old site before the host sold us and it quit working
that is what is left of a year of my life.
I am not going to do it again
this was our place} http://p2.forumforfree.com/meetingplace.html
Uploaded it as a .png file

untitled zip file my screen shot?
I don't think they really need it to understand the problem.

though, sending me one of [the chat's server info] properly filled out would be great Smile

that is the less pressing of three issues I have a support ticket in about it.
I see there is a newer version of the chat box but I have no way of updating it.

same goes for the board, 1.1.8 is now all the way to 1.2.1 though I admit I am leery of it.
I read a forum was hacked recently, the outcome as of yesterday, was still sketchy
as to how one would handle or prevent that.. just one more of my concerns about this host...

edited: by the way, the reply notices to this thread are not linking me to the post .
they are dumping me at the bottom of the first page of the thread.
meetingplace.createmybb.com/index.php
I've uploaded your smilies, and I've sent you a Private Message with instructions on how to set them up Smile

annette143 Wrote:Please do not PM me for support unless I ask you to!
I added that to my signature awhile ago because I was continuously receiving several PMs for things that could be posted in the support forums.

annett143 Wrote:please tell me I am mis interpreting you

what this sounds like is, "if I am lucky I won't get ignored?"
We try to respond to every support request as soon as possible - but it isn't always possible to answer within an hour.

annette143 Wrote:I am under the impression this is a business?
I read this place was bought out from it's creators, hense the very few hours of forum time I see showing in the profiles of the staff here?

maybe I am barking up the wrong tree here.
I have already had a host buy out my site and wreck a +1 yr old forum

what I am picking up on is, the people in charge here are apparently less committed than it takes to get things done
like answer posts for help (see mine?)

it will be revealing to see how they handle a small request for an upload of my own gif pak

I'd rather find out now, before I open this site and start inviting people.

1. Yes, it was bought from the original creators, but the only change was who owned CreateMyBB. I've been with CreateMyBB since the beginning so many months ago, so nothing really has "changed" other than a new owner (and other improvements, of course Wink)
  2. You'd be wrong about the people in charge not being committed to helping the people we host. None of us can be on all day - we are doing this in our spare time. The time you began replying to this thread today, I was at school, or at home doing things away from the computer.

annette143 Wrote:same goes for the board, 1.1.8 is now all the way to 1.2.1 though I admit I am leery of it.
I read a forum was hacked recently, the outcome as of yesterday, was still sketchy
as to how one would handle or prevent that.. just one more of my concerns about this host...
As I mentioned, we're all doing this in our spare time... it is one of our top priorities to upgrade to MyBB 1.2.x as soon as possible, but at this time, I believe Jon is quite busy and doesn't have too much spare time to be working on that.

Also, we applied the MyBB 1.1.8 security patch that was released yesterday - we've just chosen to stop posting an announcement for every minor forum update that happens Smile

Sincerely yours,
- Justin S.
my post was a bump from several days ago, if you check my profile you will find I was asking how to fix several other things as well.
I do not have a reply to those posts or to the support ticket I sent today.

I read there was a hacking to the newer board, 1.2.1 I bellieve.
and they are now talking about another upgrade past that one.

my concern is having the customizations we make "go away" as I read can also happen.

My "co-pilot" has been incommunicado for months now, Northfork is a computer science student who I have relied on to make things happpen behind the CP.
this board is especially challenging for me with out him.
till they repair his computer ...

I may not have posted my questions in the best place but rest assured I did try.
I have questions about the settings to use for the chat

I have a problem with the shout box showing in triplicate. can the refresh timer be set to manual refresh?

these are the things I have been seeking aswers to for several days.

Thanks for taking care of the gifs, I will go see if I can follow your instructions and get them up there, thanks.
meetingplace.createmybb.com/index.php
Nice Dude I lov em
can anybody upload this smileys for me plz? so that i can upload dis on my site

Attached Files
.zip   Emoticons.zip (Size: 206.11 KB / Downloads: 2)
.zip   Super Yellow 4 Animated Emoticons.zip (Size: 94.79 KB / Downloads: 1)
.zip   Emoticon Packs for Messenger.zip (Size: 1,007.6 KB / Downloads: 2)
I am owner of mobiplanet, all your mobile problems will get resolved. it's a newly created site with total free of downloads, play online games, mobile reviews, new mobile updates etc... total 71 posts in 66 threads... Get all Hutch New Tariffs, Information About New BlackBerry Mobiles With Hutch New Plan & Much Much More You Will Find On My Site. For viewing site, check my profile...