Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just a suggestion.....
I think that you should allow guests to post in the general support forum in case they have a strange glitch that prevents them from logging in.

Just something I thought about while browsing the forum.
[Image: wsor6xz.png]
.. or if they don't know how they have to login. Toungue

I had something like that a couple of months ago, though.

Nice suggestion!
[Image: sig-destroyer.png]

[Image: attachment.php?aid=90]
Allowing guests to post leaves the forums open for anyone to post in (like spammers). I think it is a better for people to register for support. In the unlikely event they cannot register they can use the contact us button to inform us so we can try and fix registration for them. Also it makes us look better if people register because then the amount of members increases which will encourage more people to join.
[Image: sig-the-chosen.png]
I agree with The Chosen. You can always contact a staff member by alternative means if you are having trouble posting/logging in, ect...
If someone needs support and can't do so through the support forums, they can always use our support ticket system - it isn't actually "built-in" to the Admin CP or anything, just skinned to look like it.
Yeah, but if you only allow one forum to post in for guests.. it will not be that worse. Spam threads/posts will be quickly deleted.
[Image: sig-destroyer.png]

[Image: attachment.php?aid=90]
Yeah, I guess it may not be such a good idea, seeing all the ways someone could contact the support team.
[Image: wsor6xz.png]